- This event has passed.
30 October 2022 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Samhain ceremony sunday 30th October 1pm -4pm
This Samhain ritual will be brought to you by the sheffield goddess temple’s trainee priestesses of Brigantia.
This ceremony will take place at the Sharrow performing art space , Sitwell PL, S7 1BE, which is round the corner from Airy Fairy/ goddess temple and is next to the new Sharrow school. This venue will cater for those who need more space as it is a larger ground floor venue with wheel chair and accessible access.
There is a carpark available for those who need it and plenty of on road parking near by.
At the ceremony we will celebrate the goddess in her crone form, and remember our loved ones and ancestors who have passed and gone before us. We attune with the season and like the falling leaves, allow thoughts, feelings or habits to gently fall away so that we can be reborn with the spring snow drops. After the ceremony there will be a workshop held by priestesses Laura and Hayley. They will guide you on a journey to meet Persephone, queen of the underworld. This workshop will last for one hour and will be a sound journey and self reflection portal.
As always, we accept all belief systems and warmly welcome new faces. There will be priestesses and temple weavers who you can talk to during the break if you have any questions.
- As part of the ceremony we invite you to bring a photo of a passed loved one to place on our grief altar or you may prefer to bring a small object of remembrance. (you will be collecting this photo or object at the end of the ceremony to take home with you)
- You may choose to bring a cushion or a blanket to sit on as we will be sitting on the floor. There will be accessible seating for those who need a chair, please ask when you arrive.
- There will be cakes lovingly baked by the Airy Fairy team, hot spiced apple juice and hot drinks served in the interval. Please bring cash. The refreshments will be available during the break between 2.30pm and 3pm.
- Our temple runs on donations, we ask that you consider a £5 donation to cover the cost of the room hire. Please bring cash for the collection box.
- Please arrive at 1pm at the art space venue there is no need to book on this event. Schedule:
Ceremony begins on arrival at 1pm http://sharrowschool.co.uk/our-building/performing-arts/ Refreshment break at 2.30pm
Persephone workshop 3.00pm – 4.00pm