Come to Celebrate the Return of the Light with us at the pagan festival of Imbolc. Receive the inspiration, blessing, and beauty of this season
– Children’s Activity Workshop 11-12noon in the Goddess Temple above Airy Fairy, 239 London Road
– Fresh warm soup will also be available 11.30-12.30 at Airy Fairy
– Main ceremony for all 12.45-1.45 at Sharrow Performance Space, entrance through metal gates on Mount Pleasant Road (next to Rossi’s) Sheffield S7 1BE
– Songs and drumming at the bonfire in the Airy Fairy garden 4-4.45pm
– Drinks will also be available from 3.30 until 4.15pm.
Come dressed in green, gold and white, tuck a spring flower behind your ear. Receive the blessing of warmth and life returning to fire up the coming year!
If you have them please bring drums and rattles to call the Sun back, as Bride the Goddess of Poetry, Healing, Fertility, and the Forge invites us into her dance of life returning to the Earth as the Crone of Winter slowly retreats and the land prepares for Spring!
This year we will be holding a Children’s Activity Workshop 11-12 noon in the Goddess Temple above Airy Fairy, and the young people will be invited to be part of the ceremony at Sharrow Performance Space that starts at 12.45-1.45.
Fresh warm soup will also be available 11.30-12.30 at Airy Fairy.
The Ceremony commences at 12.45 – 1.45 followed by a short break for half an hour where you have the opportunity to buy a delicious cake (please bring your own drink)
Join us in the afternoon for a fun workshop 2.15-3.30 at the Performance Space an embodied journey of creativity, story, song, and dance to explore the relationship between the Old Woman of Winter and the Maiden of the Spring, who offer us the opportunity for new growth in our life, as the wheel of the seasons turn.
The day will end with songs and drumming at the bonfire in the Airy Fairy garden 4-4.45pm, Drinks will also be available from 3.30 until 4.15pm.
Come to any part or the whole day.
Entry by donation.
There is no need to book but we ask that you click on the ‘going’ button below so we have an indication of numbers.
Photo Credit: Jennifer Murphy